Tuesday 22 May 2018

rafting reflection


When I jumped on the raft, we started floating down the river and then I saw the first bit of rapids and I was like here we go. When we hit the rapids there was a massive wave and all the water went on the raft and it was freezing as soon as it touched me my whole body went numb. When the water was still we had a drag race and my team won. After that, we stopped at a canyon and the water was red because of all the dead trees and stuff. When we finished that we were heading towards these massive rapids and one group went straight into a rock and our group had to go and get Mr McAulay's paddle. When we were near the end there was a massive wave and when we hit it our guide went like 1 meter in the air.


As soon as we got to the campsite, Mr McAulay made a fire and we all had to get firewood until the truck came with all our gear. When it came we all got changed and after that, we had to set up the tent but I didn't have to because I had to cook. My group had sausages and bread. When it was night time we made a big campfire and we had a concert and it was in your rafting groups. When that finished it was the best time of the night, we had marshmallows and then we went to bed. But it doesn't help that the sleeping mats are so uncomfortable and you have someone in your ear snoring.

When we got up we had to get changed into our rafting clothes and then I had to cook breakfast so they could get changed for breakfast, we had bacon. When I finished cooking we had to put down the tent and it is really hard to get it into the bag, in the end, we had to get Mr McAulay to do it. While the guides were getting ready we played octopus. When we went on the raft we went past a waterfall and they said it was a waterfall of youth and if you put your head in the waterfall it makes you look young, well that's what they said. At one rapid we had to stop and the guides had to see if it was safe. It was and it was so fun. When we got to the end we had to do this competition where you had to float down the rapids on our backs and swim to shore and get on your raft, once all your team has made it your group had to make it down to the end with no guide  and we were coming first but then the other group spun us so we spun them back but then the group in last came up the side and won. Then we had to push the raft up stream and it was hard.

Overall I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Tell me a joke, something funny to engage me.
3. Make your comment meaningful, useful, inspirational.
4. Don't be an egg.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback or make some new connections too!

Thanks,
Liam